I got tagged on Facebook with this survey….it was actually kind of cool. I posted it several weeks back and was exploring again today and ended up on the section where I posted it. As I re-read what I had written I realized that some of my answers on a different day may have been somewhat different. Simply because of the mood I chose for that day. Get it "chose"?
How is it that we can wake up one morning and smile into our day with not a care in the world and some days wake up and feel the weight of the world on our shoulders? I mean, what happens between the time I close my eyelids to the time I set my feet upon the floor? It kind of makes me wonder if the enemy is not standing over our beds at night whispering suggestions of despair and the guardian angel, sent to protect us, is fiercly battling for our minds as we slumber. And then in the morning we perhaps choose the loudest whispering voice. This is not factual, nor biblical, by any means, just a thought that wandered into my mind on my long commute to work one morning as I questioned why I went to bed in a good mood and woke up somewhat grouchy. I do know that the bible does speak of spiritual warfare in Ephesians 6 but does that count when we are asleep, in my opinion, most definitely yes.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
What does this have to do with 25 random things about me?
Well perhaps absolutely nothing except that on any given day, at any given time I can
C- H – O – O – S – E
to think what is true, honest, just, pure, lovely and things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (taken from Philippians 4)
Praise God from whom all blessings & struggles flow…..
My 25 random things about me:
1. I talk with God everyday.
2. I appreciate having a job and a home!
3. I love the sound of wind chimes
4. I am very creative.
5. I cry at least twice a month for no good reason.
6. I love being a grandmother.
7. I have lived in 8 states since I was born (MO,VA, AZ, ID, FL, AR, NC, HI,TX,)
8. I miss my sister Danielle who passed away in Sept 2006
9. I love walking barefoot in the wet sand at the beach
10. I want to go up in a hot air balloon.
11. Trusting God is one thing that gets me through hard days
12. I love giving parties
13. I was a mechanic in the Air Force
14. I would love to own my own house.
15. I love flowers.
16. I like every color in the crayon box
17. I believe God works all things together for good….even the very bad things.
18. My favorite food is a hamburger
19. I miss being married.
20. I like helping people when they don’t know it
21. I extremely dislike my hour and half commute to work everyday! YUK!
22. I am blonde by choice…. 🙂
23. I like watching old movies on a rainy day!
24. I dream of writing and publishing a book someday
25. I wish I could play the piano, there is so much music inside me!