Lonely Hearts Club Look No Further….

Photobucket

It has been said over and over the holidays are perhaps the loneliest time of the year for some.  There are many external reasons I think contribute to this but I will just name a couple that I find somewhat amusing.

Hallmark Cards and Movies, I think would be one of the biggest culprits.  I mean the commercials about the sentimental cards just make you burst out in tears.  And the movies!  OMG…one after another, stories that keep you on a sentimental roller coaster.  Lonely soul finds love, loses love because of some misunderstanding, misunderstanding cleared up…then forgiveness and love is renewed…then all involved live happily ever after.  Ok, who is addicted to that?

Another contributor would be those online dating commercials that run at least 4 to 5 times an hour during one of those sappy movies about love and romance.  "Find your soul mate in 6 months or we will refund your money"  & "We met online and we have been together ever since, get your free 1 week trial membership today"  How many of millions of people are jumping on board with excitement that their true love is just a click away, only to find out that there are more clicks than they bargained for.

The last ones I will mention has to be friends and family.  Endless comments made with the best intentions….

• "Have you met someone yet?"
  • "Don’t worry you’ll find someone."
  • "You need to get back out there!"

Oh and don’t forget the bitter or cynical statements thrown out to discourage the lonely soul.

• "Why do you want a man/woman they are just after one thing."
  • "What do you need a man/woman for, they aren’t worth the trouble."
  • "Get a dog/cat!"

Why do I bring this up at a time like this?  I got to thinking about those that are alone during this time of year.  Those that for whatever reason didn’t have Christmas parties to go to, family gatherings to attend or a significant other to snuggle up to.  I, myself, have struggled sooooo very much in this particular area over this past year.  There have been weeks at a time where I would literally obsess over the fact that I am single again!

No, I haven’t met someone or gotten a dog or a cat…I haven’t even "got back" out there, my life is filled with job, commuting, home and kids.  Boring, I know but it is what it is.

I have blogged about some of the emotions that are a by product of my current state of life and through that have had to face the absolute truth of scripture.

"Not that I spake in respect of want: for I have learned,

in whatsover state I am, therewith to be  content."

Philippians 4:11

&

"Let your conversation be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have:

for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Hebrews 13:5

Photobucket

So I had asked God for a Christmas miracle in my heart while traveling to see my family in Missouri.  I kind of hoped that it would be a dramatic thing that would be unmistakable…but as with the Lord it was subtle.  It wasn’t until I was on my way back to Houston I noticed a sense of contentment about going back to "my home."  Being where I belong.  In the restlessness of my heart and the discontent in my soul, I had been going back and forth about moving back to Missouri.  In that I prayed about it and God had answered the prayer several weeks ago that pretty much confirmed that I should stay put for now.  But with that confirmation came alot of questions.  How will I…? What do I do with…? Where should I…?  What if…?

On and on they came into my mind with quite unsettling emotions.  Most of the questions were based on fear of the unknown and of course after I was able to get away from my daily routine, I was able to clear the noise around me.  Going home, seeing family, visiting with childhood friends and spending a few moments at my sister’s grave put some things in perspective for me.

Our life is soooo short, but a vapor.  We have little time, really, to make a difference.  We waste so much time on the what if’s…and get caught up in the doing we forget what God’s purpose for our lives is. I was worried about "the tomorrow" and was in danger of forgetting the moments of the season.  A new friend reminded me of the purpose God has for my life.  To show forth God’s love to others so they can know Him.

Fortunately, I didn’t miss the reason for the season, because the more I contemplated His love for me the more I realized how many out there do not know it because they do not see it.  The sadness and loneliness in the world around us, the hurt and wounded souls, the unsaved loved ones, the friends we care for who do not even believe God exist, how do we reach them?

Photobucket

His Word says they will know Him by our love…how well do we love?

The new friend in my life gave me the gift of sight.  When I met him in July our conversations were at first about a few things we had in common.  I then found out that he had turned his back on God for several years.  Over the next several months our conversations turned more and more to God.  Unconditional love, repentance, forgiveness and most importantly surrender.  I have seen God move into his life and renew him.  Give him hope and strength back.  Showed him God’s purpose for his life.  He has made changes and turned his eyes back to the one who never left him.  He sent me a wonderful Christmas card that said "To my special friend…to that precious girl that landed in my life with words of encouragement…"

I can not begin to tell you what those words meant to me.  How much they lifted me.  The moment I read them they took away every lonely, sad feeling I had had that week.  God used those words to encourage me…but they also opened my eyes but I didn’t see it fully until I asked God for the Christmas miracle.  And driving back to Houston it dawned on me that He had filled me with the contentment by giving sight to my heart… a vision to my purpose and an overwhelming sense of His love for me….You can’t buy that!

Instead of questions there is trust!

I hope my friend does not mind that I shared that with you…I think he will smile knowing that God used him in return to encourage the encourager.  I guess what I am trying to say to all of those lonely souls who find there way here that there is something that can take away the loneliness like no other thing in the world.  It can fill the emptiest soul.  It can bring peace to the restless heart.

Photobucket

It is a love so full that there is only one can fill it.  He can give contentment, peace and a fullness.  He is Jesus Christ.  The words in the song below are His words to you….

Love Song

by Third Day

I’ve heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It has never been done.
I’ve never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of calvary

Chorus:
Just to be with you, I’d do anything
There’s no price I would not pay
Just to be with you, I’d give anything
I would give my life away.

I’ve heard it said that a man would swim the ocean
Just to be with the one he loves
How may times has he broken that promise
It can never be done
I’ve never swam the deepest ocean
But I walked upon the raging sea

Repeat chorus

(Bridge)
I know that you don’t understand
the fullness of My love
How I died upon the cross for your sins
And I know that you don’t realize
how much that I gave you
But I promise, I would do it all again.

Just to be with you, I’ve done everything
There’s no price I did not pay
Just to be with you, I gave everything
Yes, I gave my life away.

(to hear this song with video click on Youtube above under Witness For Christ)

Grace to you and have a Happy Blessed New Year!

with love

16 thoughts on “Lonely Hearts Club Look No Further….

1. Sweet says:

YOU HAVE BEEN KISSED!
    Spread DA love around! (you can copy and paste this message on their userpage!) *Geri\’s* RULES:1- You can kiss the person who kissed you!2- You can\’t kiss the person more than 3 times3- You -MUST- kiss 6 other people4- You should kiss them in public! Paste it on their user page! c\’mon..don\’t be scared of public displays of affection5- Random kisses are perfectly okay! (and sweet)6- You should most definitely get started kissing right away!888888__________888888_8888888________8888888_88888888______88888888_8888_8888____8888_8888_8888__8888__8888__8888_8888___88888888___8888_8888____888888____8888_8888_____8888_____8888_8888______88______8888_8888______________8888_8888______________8888_88888____________88888_88888____________88888_88888____________88888_88888____________88888_88888____________88888_88888____________88888_88888____________88888_888888__________888888__888888________888888____888888888888888888_______88888888888888_________88888888888888_______88888888888888888_____888888________88888____88888__________________88888__________________88888__________________88888__________________88888__________________888888________88888_____88888888888888888________88888888888888_____888888__________888888_888888__________888888_888888__________888888_888888__________888888_8888888888888888888888_8888888888888888888888_8888888888888888888888_888888__________888888_888888__________888888_888888__________888888_888888__________888888_______8888888888________________________888888888888888___________________888888822222228888_________________88888822222222288888_______________888888222222222228888822228888______888882222222222222288222222222888___8888822222222222222222222222222288___8888822222222222222222222222222_88___88888222222222222222222222222__888___888822222222222222222222222___888____8888222222222222222222222____888_____8888222222222222222222_____888_______8882222222222222222_____8888_________888822222222222______888888__________8888882222______88888888_____________888888_____888888888_________________88888888888888_______________________888888888________________
        !!H*A*P*P*Y   N*E*W   Y*E*A*R!!

2. juanita says:

hi shell, welcome back, what a marvellous blog, I need to return and read it again, to take it all in. but in the meantime thank you for allowing the lord to use you in the way he does, to encourage, console and sometimes challenge – thank you too for sharing yourself, your feelings, because I know this is not easy, but I do believe it is one of the ways, the Lord, uses his body, to help each other. so sister, let us approach the new year, together, with others too, willingly to share and be used by Our Lord in this wonderful cyber church or body of christ here on spaces. shell you have inspired me, and lifted my spirits already, I was feeling a bit down and sorry for myself and my family this morning, but you have made me realise we are all in this battle (because battle it is) together, but we are on the victory side. and what a wonderful future we have to look forward to, in paradise – love and hugs – nita.

3. Adrian says:

Hi Shell,  very inspiring entry..thanks for sharing!  Here\’s wishing you and family a bright, and prosperous New Year 2008\’  with God\’s Peace and comfort 🙂

All the best.

Adrian

4. meg says:

I\’m glad to read that contentment is growing into your life- it is truely a gift from God. When I say that I\’m contented, some folks urge me to seek more, as if contentment is second best.
    It really was nice to be home this year; we\’ve been away at Christmas the past 3 years, & I was looking forward doing a bit of nesting 🙂

5. Zeynep says:

Dear Shell,

Thanks a lot for leaving that great comment to m space. It was just a post. I guess the other spacers benefitted it too. I like your words. You have a fabulous perspective. I would like to read them without a dictionary, free from all deductions.

Grace to you and your lovers.

I wish you a happy 2008.

Cheers, Zeynep xx

6. Carol L. says:

The provision for the lonely soul has always been there in abundant supply…The real miracle is when our eyes are opened to see it.  🙂

Happy New Year, Michelle!!!

Love you lots!!!
    Carol 🙂

7. Faithfulmom says:

There is something about your faith that I love.  Your joy and reminding everyone that hope is there for us too is a gift.   Blessings in the New Year!

8. juanita says:

hi shell, thank you for your visit and the comment and verse you left me,  yes I know this poem well, think I have it written down somewhere, but I do need reminding  of it and think I will place it in my bible too.  all those tears you cried on new years eve, and the many I have cried through this year, especially the later part, are counted by god, isnt that great, and the fact also that those who sow in tears will reap in joy.  I so want the tears to stop, I hate crying, especially in front of others – but as the sowing continues the joys will multiply – yes I too believe that satan is fighting strongly his final battle. but how long that will last only our lord knows. so out into the new year, christians unite, bound together in his love. look forward to sharing encouragement and challenges with you, sister, as the battle rages, knowing the victory is already secured. god bless – love nita.

9. account deleted says:

Hello Shell. It was wonderful to have a visit from you. I just read this entire entry and was glued to every word. I don\’t know the details of your life, but I love watching how God works in other people\’s lives. You sound like an exceptional lady. I pray you are overcome with an abundance of blessings this year. Liz

10. Judith says:

Hello my Friend,

Just dropping in to wish you a Happy New Year. I wish you God\’s Best for 2008. My prayer for you is taken from Ephesians 1:17-20 that you will continue to grow in wisdom, knowledge and understanding and be all that God wants you to be. Thanks for visiting my space. It is always good to hear from you. Hope your Christmas and New Year was blessed. As for me I was blessed as I was with my family. This year we all went to my daughters home, she cooked a scrumptious turkey dinner. Of course I ate way too much. LOL!  In closing I want you to know in spite of my silence and lack of visiting of late you are never forgotten but always held close to my heart of prayers. Take care my friend, please keep in touch and I wil too.  Great Post today! Thanks for sharing…

God\’s Blessings as always, Your Friend in Christ, Judith

11. account deleted says:

I\’m going to try and quit smoking. I am so scared about it. Wish me luck and pray for me please? Thanks, Liz

12. Jane says:

You gave me some excellent insight… mostly that I need to quit whining – Ha!  My mantra has always been \’When the kids are off on their own I\’ll…" but once is a while I get a bit overwhelmed.
    I do think it is funny that people talk about boredom like it\’s a BAD thing!  I could use a little of it in my life, how about you?
    Oh, my vote:  get a cat – much easier to take care of but always there for you… as long as you have a can of tuna.

13. Carol L. says:

Yay!!! It always makes my day to see you!  🙂  🙂

I do have pics…I just was a little too sleep deprived to post them just yet (had to get Mama to the airport veeeery early this morning, and, as you may know, I\’m not usually very bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed in the mornings, if ya know whatuh mean…

Love ya!!!
    Carol 🙂

14. account deleted says:

It\’s a deal!!! : ) We will pray for each other!!!

Losing weight will be on my list too this year, but I figure the only way that will happen is if I get more active, and since I get tired just doing the smallest of things I have to quit smoking first. What can I say? I am a total mess. But with Christ all things are possible right!

Thanks for the support!!
    Liz

Good evening C …
    Contentment is one of the most precious things in life.
    I believe in comes in truly knowing and having an intimate relationship with God.
    But then you know that.
    We don\’t need to pat each other the back all the time.
    It is all about helping others find Him or return back to fellowshipping with God.
    I often tell people it is nothing to know me, but everything to know God personally.
    We have developed some wonderful friendships. I fully believe that someday some of us will say, "Hey, I correspond with that person on there blog and look what the Lord has done."
    Have a splendid weekend,