Fall Back!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:

And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday: thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning.

And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.

Job 11:16-18

This is my favorite time of the year. God paints the world with every color. He does that in the Spring as well but there is something about this time of the year that causes reflection.  The season itself is preparing nature for death.  A kind of death that will eventually lead to new life.  This is the one thing we can count on in life, God’s eternal purpose in everything that happens.  The death of leaves on the tree allows for new ones to grow in the Spring.  A time of rest from the process giving.  Did you ever think of that?  Trees give their fruit all year long, leaves, apples perhaps or oranges and then in the winter they rest.  We all need this time! And Fall is my time!

For me it is a time of looking back and taking account of what He has done in my life this past year.  To make my "Thanksgiving" list and praise Him for all He has done. Good or bad.  With that praise fresh on my tongue, looking forward to the celebration of the birth of God’s Son, the one who gave His life for me.  And you!  It is also the season that I celebrate my birth, my passing from one age to the next. Perhaps it is His purpose also, for our marking this turning, to cause us to pause and reflect.  While this has caused me some fret these past few years, I am starting to see it as the rite of passage…wisdom (my goodness, I hope) thus the glasses on my clock in the upper left hand corner of my space.  LOL!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PS: See my new montage "L-O-V-E" in the Precious Videos box bottom left – with my kids and family…some have gone on to be with the Lord.

14 thoughts on “Fall Back!

1. Carol L. says:

Hi Chell!  Thanks so much for your prayers and for being so faithful to reach out to me during the fires.  I got to go home last night after 4 straight days of evacuation.  Even after fires, pyros and looters stalking the area everything was just as I left it.

The Lord is so good, and His mercy endures forever!!!

I am the same person who left that day the call came to evacuate.  I\’m sure many of us here in San Diego and LA can say the same.

I love you!
    Carol 🙂

2. juanita says:

hi shell, thank you for your visit and your continued prayers for us. I agree with what you said   on carols space especially about beauty being bought from ashes, by our great powerful all knowing all loving lord – last saturday was high ranking for one of the worst days of my life, but it was and this saturday is, the day the lord has made – my problems are far from over, but I praise god  because I know he will bring beauty from ashes – we may have to be refined as gold is, by fire, but our lord has already secured the victory – this morning I found myself singing, rather than crying, and a new line was given to me, "this is the day that the lord has made, I will not despair, but be glad in it  thank you again my faithful friend, love nita.

3. Dale says:

Hey, Shell. Wow, who\’d have thought that such a simple question could lead to such deep thought. You, my sister, dug deep and blessed my soul with your insight and His word. Thank you. By the way, I love the new look. I think it matches your personality; colorful, appealing, and calming. Thank you.

Hi CS,
    You snuck in and read my entry before I fixed all my punctuation, grammar errors, and adding all my pictures. My fingers and thoughts get ahead of themselves when I write. A writer I never imagined being that’s for sure. Not to mention while channel surfing college football games I can get side track easily. Oh well, sharing is very therapeutic.
    Yes, the fall season is beautiful time of the year. The trees are finally starting to change a bit here. However, the color is not as vibrant this year. Probably lack of moisture?
    Your right this time of the year can be a time of reflection.
    Much peace surround you and your loved ones, Greg

5. Carol L. says:

You know?  As I reflect, I\’m starting to actually see God\’s pleasure with me and with those who\’ve been born of His Spirit and have chosen to go on to know the Lord.  My whole childhood was riddled with disapproval on almost every front.  Thank God for my mom!  She was the one constant in my life where I could find acceptance and approval.  She\’s the one person in my life I never doubted I could please.

But the disapproval of the rest of the world took its toll.  It was a dirty, clogged filter that I saw my Creator through.  And so I lived much of my redeemed life kind of looking up to God kind of wincing, waiting for Him to rain down His stern disapproval on me.

But He never did.  At every turn, He was there encouraging me, comforting me, telling me all is well between Us.

And I\’m finally starting to gain confidence in His love and approval of me.  \’Tis a beautiful thing indeed…

I love ya!
    Carol 🙂

6. Zeynep says:

Hi Shell… Thanks for accepting me as a friend. And thanks a lot for your kindly words and beautiful picture… Yes, I like too this time of the year. As you said, the colors of nature are really amazing. Autumn is a bitter symphony… You have a nice space and I will back to read more, watch the videos and the other things. Unfortunately you have not a MSN space guest book, so I can\’t leave a nice flower, lol… Have a great day, cheers, Zeynep xx

7. J W says:

Also my favorite time of the year friend.  Just something magical about the fall.  I sent you a instant message with the answer to a question you asked.  Hope it went through.  Glad to see you are friends with Johnny in Oregon.  He has been through a lot in his life and is a good man.  BTW, do you remember your AF service number?  I can\’t believe I still remember mine.  Long time ago, and still that remains embedded in my memory.  Walk in peace my friend.

J.W.L.

8. fotosh says:

my favourite time is december .. red candles white snow  hope soo .. and green smellie leaves ..  and sending so many gifts .. thanks for your mail

9. Zeynep says:

Hi Shell!!

Thanks for joining the discussion. Yes this is a virtual reality but still it is a reality. So, who wants in his list just some icons, just for prestige? Is it a prestige either? I think the quantity is very important for some people.

I like your "The truth of God\’s Word". Maybe you know, I am very interested in God with in a special way, lol.

It is a lazy weekend. A little kitchen, some yummy things and more.

Grace to you too!!

Zeynep xx

Good evening Cshell…

I\’m glad someone else\’s laughter could help your day.

Have a smooth week and may peace surround you and your household, Greg